Mike and his teams in Toronto and Guelph are here to serve you! Browse the links below so we can better direct or assist you.

Commonly asked questions

  1. How do I obtain a new or replacement birth certificate issued in Ontario?
    You can easily apply for your birth certificate via this Service Ontario online form: https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do?lang=en If you are not skilled in computers, staff at the constituency office would be pleased to assist you in the process. If you have already applied with Service Ontario and have a particular issue, our staff will inquire with Service Ontario on behalf of you.
  2. How do I request a MPP scroll for birthdays, anniversaries, and special celebrations?
    If you are a constituent or business within the riding of Guelph, and would like a personalized certificate from MPP Mike Schreiner, our office are more than happy to make the arrangements.
  3. What are Ontario’s ministries?
    Currently, there are 22 ministries in Ontario. The issue/concern that you bring to our attention will likely fall under one of the ministries’ jurisdictions. In addition to contacting the ministries directly, our office can act as an advocate/liaison for you in order to resolve your case. Please review the full list of current ministries here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministries


  1. What riding am I in?
    Mike is committed to representing the constituents of Guelph. To check which riding you are in, you can use this form https://voterinformationservice.elections.on.ca/en/election/search?mode=postalCode You can find the full list of MPPs at https://www.ola.org/en/members/parliament-42
  2. How do I contact the Green Party?
    All staff members at MPP offices are non-partisan and do not provide political opinions on behalf of the Green Party. To inquire with the Green Party of Ontario, please refer to this link: https://gpo.ca/contact/
  3. How do I contact my federal MP?
    For all federal inquiries, your local MP is Lloyd Longfield. His contact is: 519.837.8276 LLOYD.LONGFIELD@PARL.GC.CA
    103-111 Farquhar Street
    Guelph, ON N1H 3N4
  4. Who are my city councillors?
    Your mayor and councillors overlook all municipal matters. For the most up-to-date list of mayor and council members, please refer to this link: https://guelph.ca/city-hall/mayor-and-council/
Back to top